Representation in Brussels
NSR Delegation in Brussels / Nitra Region Liaison Office
Nitra Region Brussels Office
Square de Meeûs 1
Contact for Delegates from the Nitra Self-governing Region :
Coordinator of the Slovak delegation to the CoR
Liaison Office of Nitra Region
The main motivation for establishing the NSR Delegation in Brussels is the need for Slovakia’s regions and municipalities to effectively analyze and participate in European affairs and projects.
The regional delegation ensures the NSR can effectively assert its regional interests within European institutions.
Setting goals and priorities allows a clear directing of activities. The delegation’s objectives are determined on objective grounds and the experiences of other regions.
1. To visualize the NSR in Brussels as an active region with a lot of potential toward cooperating with partners
2. To make the information flow from Brussels to the NSR effective
3. To present, promote and assert the interests of the NSR
4. To involve the NSR and its people and organizations in European programs, initiatives, networks and partnerships and to participate actively on an interregional and transnational level.
Priorites in 2007 :
- To begin presenting and promoting the NSR in the Brussels community
- To regularly monitor and provide information on current developments and decisions by EU institutions regarding NSR demands
- To cooperate together and create project partnerships
- To initiate visits by businesses and potential investors in the NSR
- To ask foreign experts to participate in seminars and conferences in the NSR
- To organize a number of visits by NSR representatives in Brussels
- To participate in activities at the House of Slovak Regions